Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

So, here it is New Years Eve and instead of being with my husband and kids I am working!! FUN FUN!! NOT....I guess it gives me time to reflect on this past year. My kids turned another year older, Zain is 10, Carly is 8 and Avery is 6. They are the loves of my life this is the one thing I never have to wonder about. Other things like why did my house catch on fire in July or why did some teenagers run a stoplight and almost cause major injury to my husband and kids, are things that make me wonder...But, fortunately, God is always on our side and as my best friend, Rona, puts it "You always find a way out, I don't know how, but you do" Like today, when we realized we would catch up on our mortgage and are no longer behind. God is there again. I truly realize that challenges in life are what make you stronger, even though, I would like a little break in '09. I think we have been through our share for awhile.
Where I am truly blessed is in my kids. They are all for the most part healthy. Zain just got tested today for diabetes and I am praying it comes back negative. He has taken matters into his own hands with mine and Larry's help by cutting down on his food intake and exercising. We know that it was our fault that his weight got to where it is. Trust me, Larry and I beat ourselves up for letting him eat so much, but we are really watching it now. Besides that, Zain is the sweetest, most caring, smart and witty kid I have ever seen to only be 10 years old. I always say that he is my Dad made over. He is very compassionate to others. Also, his brain amazes us daily. The amount of knowledge in that kids brain is amazing, which is probably why he was one of the top 8 kids in 5th grade to score the highest on his TCAPS. Carly has also been busting at the seams with brain power. She made into TAG (talented and gifted) this year. She was so happy,even though she still says she is not the smartest and beats herself up constantly. She is so darn hard on herself and I constantly try to tell her that she doesn't have to be perfect. If she can't figure out an answer she will stress so hard! She turns into a drama queen and hates when I tell her she is being dramatic. Which then I laugh and call her "mini me" because she whines like me!! Ha ha She is so like me in so many ways. That girl can clean a house better than me and she was incredible helping me pack up the hotel room when we moved back home after the fire. I try to reassure her alot because she needs it the most. I just hope in the future she can find more confidence because she is so sweet to others, very loving, very nurturing, beautiful and very smart. I always tell her that she will be the one that takes care of Mom and Dad when we are old! Avery on the other hand will run off!! Just kidding. She is also very sweet and very smart. But, she is definitely the baby of the family and demands to be treated that way...ha ha...I probably am like the Blake Shelton song "The Baby" where it says "she always let me get by with more because I was her baby". She definitely is so silly most of the time that it is hard to be mad at her. She is very independent and mostly only wants to cuddle with me if she thinks Carly is taking too much of my time. She is so funny lately because she will run in and ask me something and before I can open my mouth to answer she will say "Thanks, bye" She thinks she can get away with anything and she probably does sometime. It is funny when she does that. I do have to discipline her probably the most also because her little attitude can go a little too far! My kids are so silly which keeps me entertained. I figured out today that I was getting alot of free time because they are always going to the neighbors houses. The girls have two friends that are sisters and Zain has a friend his age across the street. They come to our house, too, but they love going to the friends' house. I called Larry today and said this is like free babysitting...Ha ha...But, I got my fair share of stress before I walked out the door tonight. Avery wanted to spend the night at her friends house only because Zain was invited to a sleepover. Mind you, Avery had not been invited yet by her friends Mom. Long story short I told her no because I knew she would never go to bed at 8 pm like her friends have to and also because Daddy would be so lonely without them there. So, now Larry and I are the bad guys as we ring in this New Year! What's new, huh??
Even with the stress, I couldn't imagine my life different. I am truly blessed with my husband, kids, family and friends. Now nobody said that I would mind winning the lottery, but I won't hold my breath!!! Ha Ha
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment