Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two movies

I have been dying to see Revolutionary Road. It implied to me through the commercials I had seen that it was about how marriage gets troubled. We saw it and it was very intense, but if Leo said GD one more time I was going to lose it!!! I don't always have a clean mouth, but I do not condone GD!! Anyway, Larry thought it was a strange movie and didn't like it. It ended very sad. I understood that the movie showed if you stray from your marriage it usually doesn't end up good. Well then today we watched Fireproof on DVD. Larry said that his Mom tried to get him to take the movie from her house for the past couple of days because it was so good. We both cried. This was a Christian movie and starred Kirk Cameron. The director has made two other movies, Facing the Giants and Flywheel, which both made me bawl like a baby. This movie was also about the breakdown of a marriage. But, when God entered the picture it showed how they renewed their vows. It was so powerful. Larry and I struggle at times, but this movie showed us that we have to work at our marriage more. After it was over, he hugged me and told me how much he loved me, and how he couldn't imagine life without me and the kids.

Two movies with the same premise but two VERY different endings. I know I want my marriage to end like it did in Fireproof. Which means we always need to let God be number one in our household. This can be very difficult at times, but we are going to work on it-EVERYDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment