Monday, January 12, 2009

Bad day turned around

Getting barely 5 hours of sleep today after working a 12 hour overnight shift makes my Mondays miserable. I feel like I have a hangover every Monday and Tuesday even though I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in over 5 years! To make it worse, as I was leaving to pick the kids up from school I slammed my middle finger in the door and within minutes saw it turn purple. Dang, it hurt, really, really bad! Not a good Monday!
When I picked up the kids Avery had me laughing within 5 seconds. She said "Mom, my jeans are freaking tight, I am sewious (serious)!!!" Not only is my 6 year old saying freaking, she still sometimes inserts the "w" sound in place of the "r" sound. To me, it is the cutest thing and keeps her my baby. Which is probably not always good because I will repeat the word she has mispronounced back to her the same way because I think it is cute. She might never learn the correct way to use her r's!! LOL Zain also got in the car in a great mood. Not only is he a safety patrol in the morning, he now got picked to be an afternoon safety. Which means I can pick them up about 15 minutes later than usual. He is so excited to open people's car doors and put their children in to go home. If I made him do that much work at home, he would be telling me that I needed to pay him! Ha ha But, since it is at school, it is the best thing in the world to him! Just like when it is their turn to be table washers in the cafeteria. The kids think they won the lottery! But, try to get them to do cleaning at home and they think you are the meanest Mom
ever!
Anyway, the rest of the afternoon I did my normal routine. Emptying backpacks, signing folders, making sure no homework was due, went over some spelling words with Avery, laundry, ironed clothes for kids tomorrow, dishes, etc........(Wow...that makes me tired writing out just a FEW of the things I do everyday!) I knew Zain had to be at basketball practice at 6 pm and I was praying Larry would be home in time, because I was exhausted. Zain did tell me that he is used to me taking him on Monday nights and I knew he wanted me to go, but I told him he could bond alone with Dad. I told him after practice that he is definitely a Mama's boy (like I tell him ALL the time) and he never disagrees. He could never be accused of being a sissy Mama's boy. But, he is definitely always going to love his Mama alot!! It makes me feel good that my kids actually care if I am with them especially the older the get. Who knows, puberty might hit them and they will all want to run and hide from mean ole Mom...LOL...But, for now, they love me so much, and I will always love them more than words can describe, even when they want nothing to do with me in high school...ha ha
My day was getting better and then Carly painted my toenails, starting over three times because it was not good enough for her. Miss Perfectionist! She amazes me how well she can do it and she is only 8! She loves to make her Mama look pretty! We got to spend some girly time alone because Avery was napping and Larry and Zain were at practice. Carly needs that. So do I. She is so fun to be around and rarely ever whines when it is just the two of us together. She likes to have me all to herself. She is definitely my middle child! Carly is such a sweet, talented child, but she needs lots of reassurance sometimes. After Avery got up,she and Carly flat ironed my hair. My girls are awesome at pampering me and it made my day, because I didn't have the energy to pamper myself. After that, we did lots of hugging and laying around on the couch. Definitely a cuddling night which was sweet, because no kids were fighting!!!
So, after a crappy start to my day, my kids got me in a great mood! If only I didn't have to finish my day at work.............................URGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment