.........that my son who was at a sleepover last night for New Years Eve tried to call me on my DEAD cellphone last night at midnight!! What a terrible Mom I am that I didn't even to think to ask Larry if Zain had his cellphone so I could call him. I was just thinking he is at a sleepover having fun and I will wish him a Happy New Year when I woke up! I apologized to him waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too many times today and I think he never has to worry how much his Mom loves him, but it just broke my heart when he said he called me 5 times last night. If only he would have known my work number!!!!! But, it is over now and I hugged and kissed him a bunch today! He is still my baby, know matter how big he gets. He will be taller than me in a couple of years, he is almost 5 feet tall. I heard a song coming to work tonight by Darius Rucker that talked about being stressed out about having a newborn and then a toddler, etc, and it talked about these phases will go so fast and you will wish you could go back. It is so true how time flies. I talk to the kids about the funny things they did as toddlers and to them it was so long ago, to me, it seems like a second ago. Before I know it, they will be all grown up and moving away. This makes me VERY SAD. But, I know I just have to take each day and enjoy it as it comes.
My resolutions for this year are what they usually are, lose weight, save money, etc. But, this year, I want to be more specific. I want God to be more present in my home. We go to church but we don't always do all we should. Carly brought it to my attention that I don't read the Bible at home. Of course, I have a Bible that I leave in my car to carry into church, but I need to read it and read it to the kids. Zain accepted Christ 1 1/2 years ago and Carly did in September with me in the hotel room and I am so proud, but I need to help them study the Word. So, I want to read my Bible this year and show the kids that they should to. I just printed off a huge Bible activity packet so we will get started with that. The Lord is the one that is going to pull us out of our troubles, this I truly know. I am hoping for a wonderful 2009!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment