Friday, January 9, 2009

My week

So, I have had some free time with the kids back in school. Started working out Wed morning, did a whole 10 minutes on the elliptical before I thought I was going to die!! The next two mornings I have gone back to bed after the kids go to school and said "I will workout tonight!" But, last night I went and pigged out at Carrabbas!! Not a good workout!
Carly and Zain had their vision exams yesterday. Zain's eyes were not too bad, but she did say if he were taking a driving test he would fail (good thing he isn't since he is 10....LOL) Carly on the other hand is following in her mother's footsteps. Her vision was twice as bad as Zain's. She was like 20/80, 20/70. I had the doctor move the eye machine once she was done so that they could see what it was like with their regular vision after seeing it with glasses vision, they were amazed it was so blurry! I told them I experienced the same thing in 5th grade. You really don't know your vision is so bad until someone clears it up for you. Sort of a neat thing to be able to see so clear. Carly who was STRONGLY opposed to glasses because as she put it "I don't want to look like a dork!!!!!!" is now so excited to get her glasses and disappointed it will take 7-10 days to make them. Because, she wants to see clearly. Bless her heart, I hate that everything has been so blurry for her. After trying on every pair of glasses in WalMart, she decided on a cute pink pair (I pressured her of course, lol, really they were the cutest and she gave in!!!). Zain was so mad about it all. He really doesn't want to wear them and he said he looked stupid in every pair he tried on. But, he finally chose a thin wire pair and I know deep down that he will "accidently" forget them everyday!!! LOL After that fun adventure, we went to destress at Carrabbas and use the gift card Aunt Mary gave us. Fun, until the food wasn't there right when my kids thought it should be and they started complaining. Carly said "Chikfila doesn't take this long!!" Nice to know my kids would rather eat somewhere cheaper!! But, they are supposed to be enjoying this nice dining experience!! GEESH!! Luckily, the waiter brought them each some dough to play with and that saved the day. The little things in life make them happy-Dough!! LOL
I logged on to Facebook this morning and realized the IM screen was up from last night when Carly wanted to IM with her uncle. What cracked me up is that I thought after I left the room she wrote like one thing. NO...she had a long ongoing conversation about what her vision is, she doesn't want to look like a dork, etc........Cracked me up how grown up she is! I have always known this, but it is just funny to see things they write when they don't know you are looking. Before long she will be IMing boyfriends..................AARGH!!!!!!!!!! Not ready for that!!!!
Anyway, this has been my week and tonight I have 3 extra kids coming over for a sleepover. So, I will be totally stressed out by Sat morning!! Fun times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment