So, this is how I spent the week before Obama takes office. By the way, I am so excited about him taking office. This country needs change and I think he will do it! Hopefully!!!
The kids got their glasses this week. They both thought it was so cool that they could see better. Zain wore them to school Wednesday and came home with the screw out of it!! But, we took them in and got them fixed and Carly got hers adjusted so they would quit falling off her face. Zain took his back to school on Thursday where they have sat in his desk since, I knew he wouldn't wear them!! Carly loves her glasses and wears them all the time. Like when I was racing to not be late to her appt Sat. morning to see if she had strep throat, we got out of the neighborhood and she screams at THE TOP OF HER LUNGS "I forgot my glasses!!!!". I tried to convince her she would be fine, but she was freaking out bad, so I had to turn around and go get them. So, at least I have one child that is wearing their glasses! By the way, her strep test came back negative which was weird because she had a sore throat since Wednesday night. She stayed home from school Thurs and Fri and had all the strep symptoms-sore throat, headache, stomachache. Her throat looked fine until Friday night and then I saw how red it was and it had all the white patches in it. Now I am hearing that there is some strange virus going around that looks like strep. She is better today. Now, Zain has a nasty cold. He asked me to go to his friends house today and I said "Zain you have a nasty cold, I don't know if you should go over there and spread it around." He then responded with his older than 10 year old brain "No, Mom, it is just my sinuses!" That kid is definitely going to be a lawyer, he can talk his way out of anything! LOL
After the Dr. said Carly wasn't contagious we went to Zain's basketball game. They lost, but Zain played great and is having a great time. Afterwards, my friend, Jamie, asked if Zain and Avery could come over to play with Tucker and Brittley. Perfect because I needed to go buy Carly a new pair of shoes. So, Carly and I got some alone time. She was also invited but I said since she had the sore throat she should stay with me. I usually love to shop with Carly because she is so fun to shop with. But, OMG, she has become EXTREMELY picky about shoes. We went to Goodys to check out the sales because they are going out of business. They had some cute shoes but not her size in the ones she liked. She got so dramatic telling me that all the ones I liked were hideous and ugly. She was getting very mad at me and vice versa. We got to the car and I told her I couldn't believe she was ruining our time together. She told me that it wasn't true, she just didn't like those shoes and besides she had her coat on the whole time and she was hot and it made her in a bad mood!!!!!!!!!! How can you be mad at your mirror image?????LOL She is so much like me it is scary...ha ha...Anyway, finally found the perfect Nikes at Shoe Carnival. After that, we were going to have lunch at Gattis. My phone rings, it is Jamie saying that Brittley and Avery have already had a fight(mind you they are 6 and I just left her an hour ago, my poor friend has a hard time dealing with 6 year old drama!!). She said that they were all going to see "Mall Cop"at the movies and Avery said "No, I don't want to see that" and then Brittley screamed at her "You like Mckenzie (Avery's other BFF) more than me, you would go if Mckenzie asked you!!!" Remember again, they are 6!!!!!!!! I apologized that my daughter was not going with the flow, even though I was thinking "You can't handle your own daughter's outbursts and fix this drama between 6 year olds!" But, I got on the phone with Avery and told her not to be rude and go where they want to go. Which got her crying. I felt bad because I knew she didn't mean to make her friend mad, she just rarely goes to movies that don't have animated characters! So, I told them I would meet them somewhere to get her. Carly was in the backseat freaking out because she thought we weren't going to eat at Gattis anymore....total drama all the time! But, we went and ate and my friend called me back and said she had worked it out. She and the girls would go see "Hotel for Dogs" and her husband and the boys would go see "Mall Cop". So, I got all upset for nothing. See, I am the Mom that will figure out a solution because I hate calling the parents and saying "Come get your kid!!" That feels like failure to me that I am not a good babysitter if I give up that easily........LOL........I talked to Avery later about it and she said "I just said I didn't want to go and Bwittley (Brittley) freaked out!!!!!!!" I just told Avery that she had to go more with the flow if she was going to play at other people's houses, but I know she was right about her friend, because I have seen her freak out,too!! LOL
Today, we were supposed to go Carly's baptism class and for the 2nd time I will have to reschedule. Carly was still feeling bad last night so I just turned the alarm off. Probably more laziness on my part, I should of at least woke her up and asked her how she felt. Lord, forgive me for my laziness!!! Later, Zain started talking about some game subscription he wanted online. I told him he was going to have do some work for it. Boy, did he listen! He helped clean the bonus room. He then cleaned his entire room and his closet and vacuumed!! He must really want that subscription!! LOL He pulled out a bunch of baseball caps and Avery kept coming downstairs periodically always with a different hat on. I told her I thought she was being more girly lately and now she looks like my cute tomboy. She said "Daddy put it on my head!" The first one he did, but she had fun wearing different hats. She can't always be girly, sometimes she needs to let that inner tomboy out!! LOL
I left for work tonight with Carly in the kitchen finishing some homework. She then realized she colored the wrong things. OMG....this started another dramafest. My little perfectionist is going to have a true panic attack before she makes it to 9! I told her to quit freaking out and tried to help her fix it. She kept saying "This is work she hangs outside the door and mine is wrong!!!!" I told her it wasn't the end of the world, but, to Carly, it is! I hope she can quit stressing so much. She isn't always this bad, alot of the time we have a ball together. The rest of our day on Saturday when we were hanging out together alone she was lots of fun and drama free! LOL Anyway, I left for work and let Daddy deal with the drama, even though he was probably too busy because he was on Facebook! LOL
I have the night off tomorrow because the kids have MLK day off and I don't want to have to sleep all day to be ready to go back to work. It works out great, because not only will I be able to watch all of "The Bachelor" on Monday night..ha ha...I will also be wide awake to see history in the making on Tuesday. The inauguration is going to symbolize change that all of us are desperately hoping for and needing. I hope Obama can deliver on his promises. I have hope and faith he will. Zain told me that the 5th graders get to watch it. I think that is cool that my son will get to experience this history making event.
This week is going to be very cool for all of us!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment